Basically Orwell’s response to the Spanish Civil War.
- Author: George Orwell (1903 – 1950)
- Title: Animal Farm
- Genre: allegory
- Published: 1945
- Classic Club Master List
- List of Challenges 2020
- Monthly plan
Genre: allegory (140 pg)
- Timeless classic
- …..every one should read it
- …soon to be a Netflix film.
- After 50.308 reviews on Goodreads about this book…
- …there isn’t much more to tell!
- The story, published in 1945, is an allegory for
- Stalinist Russia in which animals rebel against the
- humans who own their farm and adopt
- the rule of equality for all.
- By the end of the story, a group
- of pigs has begun ruling the animals.
- Animal Farm is considered a work of social satire
- because Orwell employs irony to criticize
- the individuals/groups depicted in the novel.
- This story demands that readers think.
- Presenting the novel as a beast fable
- …contributes greatly to its brilliance.
- Lessons learned:
1. Power corrupts
View original post 147 more words