Been meaning to read some Pound as well. Thanks for this- useful and interesting.
- Autumn, T.E. Hulme, ‘i walked abroad,/And saw the ruddy moon lean over a hedge.’
- Eurydice, H.D.,’Fringe upon fringe/of blue crocuses,/crocuses, walled against blue of themselves,/blue of that upper earth,/blue of the depth upon depth of flowers,/lost;’
- Blizzard, William Carlos Williams, ‘Hairy looking trees stand out/in long alleys/over a wild solitude.’
- The Blue Scarf, Amy Lowell, ‘How loud clocks can tick when a room is empty, and one is alone!’
- Madrigal, Richard Aldington, ‘But daylight brought no slumber to my pain.’