Brilliant- really getting into Mahon. Love the way in which you have illustrated this poem too.He is clearly a real Francophile.
- Author: D. Mahon
- Title: Harbour Lights (25 poems)
- Published: 2005
- Review: poem “Resistance”
- List of Challenges 2019
- Monthly reading plan
- #TBR challenge update
Reistance Days — ( prose poem) dedicated to John Minihan
- It is good to know about the person to whom the poem is dedicated.
- Perhaps it wll help me discover some hidden meaning or references.
- John Minihan is an Irish photographer, born in Dublin in 1946.
- The photos are an attempt to document the lives of the ordinary people.
- Over the years Minihan developed a close relationship with many writers and his
- photographs of Samuel Beckett show a particular affinity between the two men.
- William S. Burroughs once referred to Minihan as “a painless photographer”.
- I copied the poem in couplets
- ….but Derek Mahon wrote it as a prose poem.
- I found the prose-form difficult to read and because of its length
- …lost interest.
View original post 1,522 more words